Live In US
As a great additional resource, we have recently published a book which you can buy from Amazon as a soft cover book or on Kindle (hopefully on ibooks and nook soon as well) and elsewhere about how to work, study and live in the US!
As foreigners ourselves we know firsthand how crazy the struggle can be as collectively we have covered the J1 visa (various types), F1 Visa & OPT, E3 Visa, H1B Visa, Green Card Application Process & Green Card Lottery along with various renewals as well as work with people who have had to endure the L1 Visa, EB-5 Visa and H-2B visa along with all the partner and dependent visas.
Between us we have also worked at US Immigration sponsor organizations so worked the US Department of State, USCIS, SEVIS, US Consulates & Embassies all over the world as well as helped individually here thousands of people every month with answering their questions on all the various posts. Basically we have heard and seen it all!
So we wrote a book with our collective wisdom over the years that speaks directly to living, working and studying in the US from a foreigners perspective. We cover things like;
- Visa application process
- Immigration documents & fees
- Which types of visa is relevant to you
- US healthcare
- Job applications and interviews in the US
- Who are the US employers that sponsor work visas like H1B & E3 and where are they
- Colleges and universities in the US and how to apply
- Becoming a permanent resident via a Green Card and then a US Citizen
- Marriage in the US and marrying a US Citizen
- Doing your taxes in the US
- Lawyer fees
and much much more…. all told from the viewpoint that you will understand because we were in your shoes ourselves.
Ultimately we wrote this book in such a way that we ourselves would have like to had when we first began and then throughout our crazy US Immigration journey and it is our hope you will find it useful as well. We appreciate all your feedback as well.